21 March 2017, India:
For the fourth consecutive year, Bill Gates has been named as the ‘World’s Richest man’ by Forbes. Not so surprisingly, he has held that position for 18 times in past 23 years.
He recorded career-best $136 billion in the year 2000. The same year stepped down as Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft.
Bill Gates has a fortune of $86 billion, up from $75 billion last year followed by Berkshire Hathaway chief Warren Buffett – with an estimated wealth of $75.6billion. At the third place, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos with $72.8 billion. He had the best year as he added $27.6 billion! At number four is Amancio Ortega followed by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
The US is leading the countries with the most billionaires with 565, China at second position with 319 billionaires and Germany at number three with 114 billionaires. India crossed the 100th mark for the first time, it now has 101 billionaires with Mukesh Ambani leading the group on a 33rd number.
US President Donald Trump is on the 544th rank with a net worth of $3.5 billion.
Here’s the list of Top 10 Richest Men
- Bill Gates (Microsoft co-founder): $86bn
- Warren Buffett (US investor): $75.6bn
- Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder): $72.8bn
- Amancio Ortega (Inditex founder): $71.3bn
- Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook founder): $56bn
- Carlos Slim (Mexican magnate): $54.5bn
- Larry Ellison (Oracle co-founder): $52.2bn
- Charles Koch (US businessman): $48.3bn
- David Koch (US businessman): $48.3bn
- Michael Bloomberg (Bloomberg founder): $47.5bn
To view the complete list, click here. (Image- Entrepreneur)