Facebook stock slipped 2% today after the company reported its earnings for the first quarter of 2015. Here are some of the key highlights of Facebook’s Q1 earnings
- $3.54 billion in revenue, compared to the $3.56 billion in revenue expected by analysts. 42% year over year increase in revenues.Facebook notes that “excluding year-over-year changes in forex rates, revenue would have increased by 49%.”
- EPS of $0.42 versus the $0.40 cents expected by analysts.
- Mobile advertising revenue roughly 73% of advertising revenue.
- 1.44 billion monthly active users versus analyst expectations of 1.43 billion.
- On mobile, Facebook reached 1.25 billion mobile monthly users .
- Facebook’s daily video views grew to 4 billion, up from 3 billion in January.
- Operating margin drops to 26% from 43% in the year-ago period, as Facebook carries through with an expected boost in spending.