An irksome and enduring issue for Android smartphone owners is spam calls. These unsolicited calls can waste your time, ruin your day, and violate your privacy. Thankfully, there are a number of efficient ways to stop spam calls and take back control of your phone. We’ll look at a number of techniques and resources in this post to assist you in putting an end to spam calls on your Android phone.
Activate the Integrated Call Blocking Features
Call blocking technologies that are pre-installed on Android smartphones can aid in separating out spam calls. This is how to apply them:
- Block Numbers: Open the call history on your phone app, choose the spam number, and proceed. Click the information button or the three dots, then select “Block/report as spam.”
- Use the “Do Not Disturb” Mode: To block or reject calls and notifications, turn on the “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- Turn on Call Screening: A call screening feature on certain Android phones allows it to automatically block unsolicited calls. Configure it through the phone app settings.
Set Up an App for Third-Party Call Blocking
Numerous third-party programmes are made specifically to deal with spam calls. More sophisticated call banning and filtering settings may be available with these apps. Popular options consist of:
- TrueCaller: This popular programme can identify incoming calls and block numbers that are known to be spam. It also keeps track of spam calls in a database.
- Hiya: Hiya is an effective spam call blocker that can recognise and stop spam calls. It also provides a crowdsourced database of spam numbers.
- Nomorobo: This powerful spam call blocking app makes sure you don’t even hear your phone ring by automatically hanging up on spam calls.
Join the National Do Not Call Registry by Registering
You can register your phone number with the National Do Not Call Registry in a variety of nations, including the US. This can drastically cut down on the quantity of telemarketing and legitimate spam calls you get. Visit the national Do Not Call Registry website and follow the instructions to register.
Utilise the Call Filtering Services Offered by Your Carrier
Call filtering services are available to customers of specific cell carriers. These apps can help detect and filter spam calls even before they get to your phone. See what call filtering options are available by visiting the website or contacting customer service for your carrier.
Adapt the Call Settings on Your Phone
Tailor the call settings on your phone to reduce the number of unsolicited calls. Here are some helpful configurations to think about:
- Only Accept Calls from Contacts: Configure your phone to only accept calls from individuals who are on your contact list. Spam callers frequently utilise unknown numbers, so this can ban them altogether.
- Mute Unknown Callers: You can activate a function on more recent Android versions that routes calls from unknown numbers straight to voicemail and mutes them.
- Establish a Whitelist: Compile a manual whitelist of reputable phone numbers that are authorised to reach you. Every other call will be prevented.
Although spam calls can be an annoying and intrusive nuisance, you can take back control of your Android smartphone and stop these unwanted intrusions with the correct techniques and tools. Using built-in capabilities, third-party apps, or signing up for the National Do Not Call Registry are just a few ways you may combat spam calls and preserve your privacy while making a positive phone experience.