The latest season of Diablo 4, titled “Season of Blood,” brought a host of exciting new challenges and adventures for players. Building upon the success of the previous season, “Season of the Malignant,” it introduced fresh content, enticing rewards, and continued to evolve the storyline. In this article, we will delve into the details of “Season of Blood” and explain how to summon Grigoire and the other endgame bosses it offers.
“Season of Blood” introduced a range of updates and changes to Diablo 4, enriching the gaming experience for players. It picked up the narrative from the previous season, deepening the plot and enhancing the gameplay. Players had the opportunity to dive into new content, tackle novel challenges, and earn exclusive rewards, making it a must-play season for Diablo enthusiasts.
In the dark and ominous world of Sanctuary, players encountered fresh adversaries and unraveled hidden mysteries. The season also featured various exciting elements, contributing to a dynamic and immersive gaming environment that kept players engaged and eager for more.
New Endgame Bosses in Season 2
One of the standout features of “Season of Blood” is the addition of five formidable endgame bosses. Each boss presents a unique challenge, testing your elemental resistances and combat skills. In exchange for defeating these formidable foes, you stand to gain powerful Uniques and even Uber Uniques.
Here’s a quick overview of the five endgame bosses:
- Echo of Varshan: To summon Echo of Varshan, you must meet specific criteria. This boss presents an elemental challenge that requires you to prepare your elemental resistances.
- Grigoire, the Galvanic Saint: Grigoire is a powerful boss with a penchant for lightning-based attacks. To face him, you’ll need Living Steel, which can be obtained from Tortured Offerings in Helltides.
- The Beast in Ice: This fearsome creature requires its own set of conditions to summon. Make sure you’re ready to take on the icy challenges it presents.
- Lord Zir, the Dark Master: Lord Zir is a formidable adversary with unique summoning requirements. Be prepared for a dark and treacherous battle.
- Zuriel, the King of Maggots: Zuriel is the fifth endgame boss, and summoning him involves a different set of parameters. Prepare yourself for a battle against the King of Maggots.
What’s interesting is that these endgame bosses are not limited to “Season of Blood.” They can also be encountered in the Eternal Realm, making them accessible even if you’re not participating in the season.
How to Summon Grigoire
Let’s focus on summoning Grigoire, the Galvanic Saint. This boss is associated with the element of lightning, so ensuring you have adequate lightning resistance is essential. To summon Grigoire, you’ll need Living Steel, which can be obtained from Tortured Offerings in Helltides. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Unlock World Tier 3: Grigoire can be encountered on World Tier 3 or higher. So, before you can summon him, you need to reach this tier.
- Helltides: Keep an eye out for Helltides, designated by a red marker featuring a sword engulfed in flames. This is where you’ll find Tortured Offerings.
- Living Steel: In Helltides, you’ll come across special chests known as “Tortured Gift of Living Steel.” These chests require 300 Aberrant Cinders to open. However, they are guarded by elite enemies with red bubble shields.
- Defeat the Elite: Confront the elite enemy and defeat them to access the chest. Inside, you’ll find Living Steel.
- Lightning Resistance: As Grigoire is a lightning-based boss, make sure to stock up on Lightning resistance Elixirs or slot some Topazes into your gear to bolster your resistance.
Grigoire, the Galvanic Saint, offers a range of enticing rewards for those who can defeat him. The rewards are tailored for different character classes, ensuring that every player has something to look forward to. Here’s a glimpse of what you can obtain:
- Blood Artisan’s Cuirass
- Howl from Below
- Greaves of the Empty Tomb
- Ramaladni’s Magnum Opus
- Rage of Harrogath
- Ancients’ Oath
- Battle Trance
- The Butcher’s Cleaver
- Insatiable Fury
- Hunter’s Zenith
- Waxing Gibbous
- The Butcher’s Cleaver
- Staff of Lam Esen
- Iceheart Brais
- Gloves of the Illuminator
- Word of Hakan
- Grasp of Shadow
- Penitent Greaves
- Demonbinder Mount Armor