After the colossal success of its last edition in 2014, Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership, BITS Goa is organizing Coalescence 2015 in association with Intelliber.
The event is scheduled for 5th-6th September at BITS Goa and comprises of the following timeline:
Skill(ED)Up in association with EDcellence – Skill(ED) Up focuses on individual entrepreneurship skills and anyone with any innovative idea, strong technical or business skills can participate. The motive of the event is to encourage any ideas that can solve problems of the stakeholders.
Hackathon – A three hour long online hackathon is being organized by Hackerearth on 4th September. The hackathon will be on competitive coding and will offer a hefty prize money of worth 10k.
Novatia – Novatia is a national level B-Plan competition where teams from premier colleges of India present their models to a panel of investors. Novatia will provide a platform for outfitted and ascendable business plans to win cash prizes, receive funding, mentorship from its partner incubators and accelerators.
Interactive Games –
To provide real life simulation of entrepreneurial challenges, Coalescence will hosts Bullion Beatdown, Business Quiz, and Beer Game.
A workshop on ‘How to Pitch Your Idea’ will be taken in association with 91SpringBoard that will introduce the intricacies of the process of pitching to investors.
ACT 3.0 – ACT 3.0 is the conference that brings successful entrepreneurs from numerous fields to share their experiences with the budding entrepreneurs. The lineup for ACT this year is as follows:
- Rahul Yadav, Co-founder, Housing.com – One of India’s most famous entrepreneur in recent times who had dropped out of college to co-found India’s largest real estate portal.
- Taapsee Pannu, Actress and Entrepreneur – The Chasme Badoor fame, Tapsee Pannu is also having a successful hand in entrepreneurship with her startup The Wedding Factory.
- Vijay Nair, Founder, Only Much Louder –
Vijay Nair was in college when he approached Vishal Dhadlani to be the manager of his band Pentagram. Now with names like AIB, NH7 Weekender, Pentagram, and The Dewarists under its umbrella, Vijay Nair’s Only Much Louder has a monopoly over India entertainment market.
- A Muruganantham, Founder, Jayashree Industries – A. Muruganantham spent 8 years to find a low cost solution for the menstrual health of rural women. Through his journey, he nearly lost his family, money, and place in society and had to wear sanitary pads.
- Hussain Zaidi, Journalist and Author –
Hussain Zaidi is a former investigative journalist who closely followed Mumbai Underworld. He never runs out of stories – be it about how he is the only person alive to have interviewed Dawood Ibrahim or how he got kidnapped in Iraq just to be saved by Amitabh Bacchan.
- Jitendra Kumar & Naveen Kasturia – TVF Pitchers – Jitendra and Naveen are the lead actors in India’s only entry in IMDb top 100 TV Series, TVF Pitchers.
An interactive workshop will be organized by Knolskape about the fundamentals of building a real business from scratch.
Startup Expo – Startup Expo is a startup hiring and talent acquisition event. The Expo will feature the leading startups from in and around India. The expo will serve as the meeting ground for innovative startups, budding entrepreneurs, and investors.
Centre for Entrepreneurial Leadership, BITS Goa wishes to contribute towards building future of entrepreneurship in India. Coalescence ’15 in association with Intelliber aims at encouraging ideas, providing hands-on experience through workshops and motivating future leaders through a conference. Like its predecessors, Coalescence’15 in association with Intelliber promises to give people an insight into entrepreneurship.
For more queries:firstname.lastname@example.org