17 January 2019, India:
Amazon has launched Amazon Echo Input in India. Echo Input lets users easily add Alexa to their existing speaker through a 3.5mm audio cable or via Bluetooth. It features a four-microphone array so user can talk to Alexa from across the room.
Users can use the Alexa app to easily connect Echo Input to their speakers. All audio is played through the connected speaker rather than through Echo Input itself. When connected to Echo Input, the speaker can be added to a new or existing multi-room music group. Users can also adjust the volume of Echo Input with their voice.
In addition to Amazon Prime Music, Saavn and TuneIn users can now listen to music from Hungama and Gaana which are available on Alexa starting today.
Jayshree Gururaj, Director, Amazon Devices, said, “Our customers tell us that they love the convenience of being able to ask Alexa to play music, get information, control smart home devices, and much more. With Echo Input, we are giving users even more options to choose the best Echo device for their needs. Adding Echo Input to your existing speakers is the easiest way to begin your voice-first experience with Alexa.”
How to set up your Echo Input
- If your speaker has an AUX input, plug your cable into Echo Input and then your speaker.
- If you have a Bluetooth speaker, pair your speaker after setup to hear Alexa responses.
- To set up the device in the Alexa app:
- Select Devices .
- Select the plus icon .
- Follow the instructions to set up the device.
- Tip: When prompted, enable notifications in the Alexa app and on your mobile device. Then Echo Input can let you know if its connected speaker is unresponsive.
- After you set up the device, you can adjust the volume by voice or on your external speaker.
Echo Input joins the Echo family of devices, which includes Echo Dot, Echo, Echo Plus, Echo Spot and Echo Sub.
Amazon Echo Input is priced at ₹2,999. The device will be available on Amazon. It will also be available in Croma, Vijay Sales and other offline retailers.
(Image – Amazon)