Cannot hear your favorite song in car because of a frustrating noise in car? What’s that noise? It can be road noise, wind or may be your engine is making tremendous noise. The noise can be so harsh or loud that you cannot even talk to the person sitting next to you. That is irritating, isn’t it? Get rid of car noise with some sound deadening material for cars. Use some soundproof material that gives a noise free environment to you while driving so that you can enjoy your favorite music in car.
The sound deadening materials eliminates that unwanted noise and helps you get rid of vibration of vehicle, engine clutter and convert these vibrations into heat. This reduces the noise. Want to know more about this, continue reading the article for more information.
What is sound deadening?
Sound deadening may be a new concept for new car owners but it’s important to know about it. Your vehicle’s doors, floors and door panels have a layer of asphalt materials or sheets of butyl. The sound proofing material adds mass to these panels. This prevents the sound and vibration to reach to the panel and car’s interior. However, few manufacturers don’t put much focus on the car’s audio system thus it is necessary to have sound deadening materials for cars.
Why your car makes noise?
Several reasons could be there which makes car cabin noise. First source of noise is your vehicle itself. Despite modern engineering methods still a smooth car engine is not possible. Your car engine emits less noise especially the old ones. So, soundproofing is essential.
Second reason is aerodynamic noise. This affects both the exterior and interiors of car. It is unavoidable usually but you can still avoid them to some degree by fixing the misaligned doors and windows of your cars or replacing bad seals.
Third, the engine vibration is transmitted inside the car through vibration and gaps between the doors. This external sound is annoying so it is important to take soundproofing into account.
Is car soundproofing effective?
Buyers usually ask this question before buying sound deadening materials for cars. They simply want to know about its effectiveness and working. Yes, the sound proofing material really works and has dramatic effects on the cause of noise. Soon you will see the results after applying those in cars. No need to throw lots of dollars in your car. Make a small investment here and get rid of all sound issues of vehicle.
Such materials act as a barrier and suppress the sound waves coming to your car cabin. Sound absorbing materials are different from these as they provide better sound quality in cars by diminishing the echo. Moreover, the effectiveness of such materials depends upon the techniques used and your car model. Older the car harder will be sound proofing as old models emit more noise. But the car model doesn’t matter as much as the type of material you use matters. The complete elimination is not possible but still you can get a satisfactory result on an average you can reduce it by 50%.
Importance of sound deadening materials for cars
The quality of music you experience today may be different from previous day just because you are on different road today. Yes, the road quality also plays a crucial role. The other noise that interferes comes from the road rattles, nasty engine and tires. A sound proof material keeps the car environment peaceful and quite making the driving comfortable. It keeps you headache free and you can enjoy the trip fully. Moreover, no need to increase the volume of your car’s audio speaker and make the trip uncomfortable. This thus saves the life of your audio speakers as well.
So, try applying these materials in your car. But, what kind of sound deadening materials are the best? Check it out here.
Sound deadening materials for cars
Usually we ignore the automotive noises thinking that they are not big but they can be irritating for few car drivers especially if they drive daily. So, using them is must and here are some types of materials that can cut that extra noise from your vehicle.
- Dynamat- this is one great material for sound proofing. It prevents the unwanted sound coming to your car cabin. However, this is a bit expensive than other materials but are really effective than others for your car. In case budget is no issue then use this for the entire car cabin but if budget is a constraint then use it only for door and speaker areas.
- B-quiet- B-quiet is another effective material for sound deadening. It has a aluminum layer that works as a constraint with a butyl based adhesive. It converts the vibration into thermal energy making it more efficient. This material is available in 12 and 50sq.ft rolls with a weight of 0.35lb/sq.ft and thickness of 1.6mm.
- Hushmat- this self adhesive sound deadener is very effective and sticks on almost any surface. The car noise will get reduce by 15dB by hushmat. Moreover, the heat inside your car will also get reduced by 70percent.
- Fatmat- this affordable piece of sound deadening material is effective as well. This is good for those looking for a budget friendly sound proof material. However it doesn’t trap the heat so in case you cannot live in hot climate drop the idea of using it. But, it is good for long time investment.
- Noico- it has been an effective option for different areas but it is most effective for automotive noise blocking. These thick mats reduce the car engine sounds, tire and other noise as they contain butyl.
Other great sound deadening materials for cars are there in the market such as foam. However, while selecting the material keep the quality in mind and also temperature. Few deadeners are not meant for automotive noise blocking and they get melt in the hot climate costing you more for their repairing.
So, take careful decision about the selection of material and their installation. You can also consult an expert for the best sound deadening materials for cars.