TAXO – the first (Indirect Taxes) mobile app to empower a common man
20th July New Delhi: The rapidly changing indirect taxation system in India has made it essential for every businessman or professional to be conversant in the basics of the indirect taxation. In the current high tech era, everyone is a tech savvy so it is more convenient to use a smart phone and browse the information rather than searching the information from the pile of books.
Keeping in mind the above, CA Atul Kumar Gupta along with his team has made an endeavor to acquaint the common man apart from the professionals, regarding the dynamic indirect taxation system, through mobile application TAXO. With just a single click at TAXO, anyone can get an insight into the basic fundamentals of Indirect Taxation.
Sharing the idea behind launching TAXO, CA Atul Gupta, said, “The mobile landscape in India has been witnessing a drastic change especially with the advent of smartphones. In an effort to make information and knowledge on indirect taxations and regulatory subjects, more accessible, we have launched this mobile application, TAXO. “The idea is to update and educate not just the taxation professionals but every one on ongoing basis by providing prompt and live access to the changing business environment in India.
“This mobile application is an effort to encompass the key areas of IDT. TAXO has made an attempt to deliver a basic knowledge on the taxes which are going to be subsumed in GST, various benefits of GST and the role of GST Council in the coming era of changed Indirect Taxation, in addition to the basic queries of a citizen/an assessee in relation to registration, rate of tax, due dates of deposit under VAT in various states and union territories, can be answered in a single click to TAXO.” He added.
TAXO is a platform where the general public can get an insight into the basic fundamentals of Indirect Taxation. This mobile application is an effort to encompass the following areas of IDT –
1. TAXO has made an attempt to deliver a basic knowledge on the taxes which are going to be subsumed in GST, various benefits of GST and the role of GST Council in the coming era of changed Indirect Taxation.
2. A professional can get an insight to the underlying features of the 122nd Constitutional Amendment Bill 2014 and the way forward to GST in India.
3. The basic queries of a citizen/an assessee in relation to registration, rate of tax, due dates of deposit under VAT in various states and union territories, can be answered in a single click to TAXO.
4. General public can even search the definition of ‘dealer’ under various VAT statutes, with just one click on his smart phone.
5. TAXO app lets you have an understanding of the fundamentals of service tax along with rules under the same including Point Of Taxation Rules, Place of Provision Rules, CENVAT Credit Rules, etc.
6. Knowing your jurisdiction under service tax provisions is no more a headache and a person can reach the answer by using this app.
7. We have made an attempt to make the general public well conversant with the abc of Foreign Trade Policy in India.
8. A common man can get a thorough knowledge of the basics of Excise including general procedures, refund, valuation on his smartphone itself.
9. TAXO pursuits to clarify the basic concepts of the same including valuation, duty drawback, refund & clearance, etc.
10. Students can derive benefit of understanding the basic concepts of IDT by this Mobile App.
Now the knowledge of Indirect Taxation is in your pockets, all you need is a smartphone and an Internet connection! TAXO will act as a pocket guide to indirect taxation for all the associated people who have a vested interest in the field of IDT.