Based on who you ask, Live Photos – which are photos that move around for a while when you activate them – are either a very cool feature or a complete waste of time. They do not take up as much storage space as videos do, but at the same time, they are not as useful as GIFs. So, what is their point? You are able to have a moving picture as your background, which is great if you want to transform the look of your most-used devices.
Here is a guide on how to turn a video into a Live Photo on an iPhone.
- Download the intoLive mobile application from either the App Store.
- Launch intoLive and allow it to access your photo library.
- You will be able to see all of the files in your camera roll, organised by type (such as video, burst, etc.). Pick the video that you wish to convert into a Live Photo. It is important to note that while you can pick videos of any length of time, the free version of intoLive can only make Live Photos of up to five seconds long. Meanwhile, the Pro version can only go up to 30 seconds.
- The video editing page will be opened. If your video is longer than the maximum time given, you use the slider at the bottom of your phone screen to pick which part of it you want to turn into a Live Photo. You can also use the icons below that slider to include fun filters, change the speed of the video, and much more. Just keep in mind that some options can only be unlocked by the Pro paywall.
- When you have got the video looking just the way you want it, tap Make in the top-right part of the screen and choose how many times you would like the Live Photo to repeat. The No repeat option is the default, and will usually work perfectly.
- The app will make your Live Photo, and when it is done, tap on Save Live Photo.
Here is a guide on how to turn a video into a Live Photo on an Android device.
- Download TurnLive – Live Wallpaper App from the Play Store.
- Launch TurnLive and tick the box to accept the terms and services, then tap on the Live Photo icon. It is on the bottom-middle of the screen.
- A page will open. Tap on the Video to Live Wallpaper option. Give the app access to your camera and photos.
- Tap the video that you want to be turned into a Live Photo, then tap on Done. Note your Live Photo cannot be more than five seconds.
- Pick a frame of the video to be used as its cover.
- Use the slider at the bottom of your phone screen to pick which part of the video you want to turn into a Live Photo. You can then add filters or adjust the speed.
- Your Live Photo will process, after which you can find it under the My Wallpapers heading in your gallery.