Sharing forms and details online can be a time-consuming task, especially if you have to upload multiple documents and images. Most websites related to educational institutions, government services, job searches, and so on do not accept large image files. As a result, people must struggle to reduce the size of their images in order to do so.
For those who are unaware, images are made up of pixels. When an image is large, it may contain millions of pixels, which means that storing the image will take up millions of bytes on the server, which is why many websites prefer images that are smaller in size.
This can be accomplished by using paint or another separate image editing software to tailor the file to our needs, or by visiting an online website that can do it for us. But did you know you could resize images in Google Chrome without visiting another website? All you need is a one-time installation of a Chrome extension, and you’ll be able to resize your images even when you’re not connected to the internet.
If you want to learn how to reduce the size of an image on Google Chrome, follow the steps given.
- Step 1: Navigate to Chrome Webstore by typing https://chrome.google.com/webstore/ into your browser and searching for Resizing App.
You can also go directly to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/resizing-app/dkpiobpcinjhhemgobhjghkakdabddmg.
- Step 2: Once the webpage is open, click the large blue “Add to Chrome” button.
- Step 3: An alert window will appear asking you to confirm the action; click “Add Extension.” The extension will begin downloading and will be installed in your Chrome browser.
- Step 4: To access the extension, first click the jigsaw-puzzle icon in the top-right corner of your browser and then select “Resizing App” from the menu that appears.
- Step 5: You will soon see a pop-up box requesting an image. Select the large green plus icon.
- Step 6: A file selection window will appear; locate and select the photo to be resized.
- Step 7: Once the image has been uploaded, choose the control options that best suit your needs. Make certain that the image dimensions correspond to your needs.
- Step 8: Once you’ve chosen your options, click the green “Save Image” button, and your image will be downloaded to Chrome’s default download folder.You can also find the resized image in Chrome’s downloads tab, which you can access by pressing Ctrl + J.