WhatsApp introduced the payments feature on the platform a few months ago, but some people still seem to be struggling with its functionality. Essentially, the feature allows users to send money to other users through their chats in the application. In the first run, the feature was only rolled out to 20 million users in India, despite over 400 million WhatsApp users. However, it has gradually been made available to more people. If you are one of these lucky users, here is a guide on sending money via WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Press the name of the contact to whom you would like to send money.
- Tap on the Attach icon in the chat bar.
- Select a method of payment, as per your convenience.
- Now, you will have to enter the amount of money you will have to send.
- You will be asked to verify the payment through a UPI pin.
- After you have typed in the pin, the payment will be processed.
- You will automatically be redirected to your WhatsApp chat, where you should see the amount you have sent across in a text message box.
It is important to keep in mind that you do not share your card information or their UPI pin with anyone else, even those you trust.
This system makes it much more convenient for people to make payments in a more compact method. While talking to a contact on WhatsApp, you will not be required to leave the app, or have open a separate third-party payments app to transfer money.