8 November 2016, India :
CA Technologies today announced the India results of the Global study Keeping Score: Why Digital Transformation Matters, highlighting the significant impact digital transformation is having on enterprises.
The survey introduces the Digital Transformation Business Impact Scorecard (BIS), a global ranking of countries and industries across 14 key performance indicators (KPIs) critical for digital transformation success. India ranks first on the list for the BIS. With a score of 79 (out of 100), the impact driven from digital initiatives in India is higher than the global BIS average score of 53 and Asia Pacific and Japan score of 56.
Speaking on the release of the survey report, Sunil Manglore, Managing Director, CA Technologies India said, “India is at the cusp of a major revolution, as we see digital technologies being at the center of business strategy for leading businesses. Our survey results are a testimony to a strong correlation between business performance and smarter technologies that underpin digital transformations.
Conducted by Coleman Parkes in May – June, 2016, the survey included 1,770 senior business and IT executives from large enterprises, across 21 countries and 10 industry sectors. A total of 799 respondents were from APJ; this covered Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The BIS ranks regions and industries globally on a 100-point scale based on 14 key performance indicators (KPIs), across the categories of business agility, business growth, customer focus and operational efficiency.
The Additional India findings
- Indian businesses are seeing the greatest improvement (55%) in generating new revenues as a result of digital transformation
- 84% of Indian businesses are seeing moderate to significant improvements in their ability to differentiate from their competition through digital transformation
- Almost all India based businesses (97%) show moderate to significant improvements in customer experience post digital transformation
- Indian businesses are seeing (35%) improvement in a time-to-decision and time-to-act on new opportunities (business agility) post digital transformation:
- Indian firms show the greatest gain (56%) in terms of impact on employee productivity as a result of digital transformation.