21 November 2016, USA :
Mark Zuckerberg is not in a mood to settle down regarding the whole fake news scene. Facebook is taking severe measure in coming days to drastically overcome this flaw.
Almost everyone is pointed towards Facebook as an easy means of communication to report anything- no need of authenticity. Just go online and upload anything you want! Facebook is now taking following measures as stated by Mark Zuckerberg-
– Stronger detection. The most important thing we can do is improve our ability to classify misinformation. This means better technical systems to detect what people will flag as false before they do it themselves.
– Easy reporting. Making it much easier for people to report stories as fake will help us catch more misinformation faster.
– Third party verification. There are many respected fact-checking organizations and, while we have reached out to some, we plan to learn from many more.
– Warnings. We are exploring labeling stories that have been flagged as false by third parties or our community, and showing warnings when people read or share them.
– Related articles quality. We are raising the bar for stories that appear in related articles under links in News Feed.
– Disrupting fake news economics. A lot of misinformation is driven by financially motivated spam. We’re looking into disrupting the economics with ads policies like the one we announced earlier this week, and better ad farm detection.
– Listening. We will continue to work with journalists and others in the news industry to get their input, in particular, to better understand their fact checking systems and learn from them.
He further added, “Some of these ideas will work well, and some will not. But I want you to know that we have always taken this seriously, we understand how important the issue is for our community and we are committed to getting this right.”
We’re hoping the way we hit the like button so swiftly, hopefully we’ll start making sense with the button ‘Report Post!’