If you’re reading this, you’ve probably bought or are thinking of buying one of the newly launched iPhones. Whether you’re buying an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or an iPhone XR, you’ll need to know how to transfer contacts to new iPhone.
One of the biggest concerns that people have when buying a new iPhone is how to preserve all of their data. There are a number of different tools available to transfer to the new iPhone, however, most of them are complicated and require too much time and effort.
In this article, we’ll show you how to transfer to
Part 1: Transfer to the New iPhone with 1-Click
When it comes to transferring data from one iPhone to another, people mostly think of the official iTunes and iCloud methods. Both of these methods work. However, they come with various issues:
- They are technical and time-consuming processes.
- You need access to the internet.
- You have to create a backup of your iPhone completely and then transfer that backup to the new iPhone. As such, you’ll get all the data in the new iPhone, but you won’t be able to select which files you want to transfer. It’s all or nothing.
The best way to remedy all of the aforementioned issues is to use dr.fone – Switch. This is a tool that’s been rolled out by Wondershare — one of the world’s leading technological enterprises. It allows you to transfer selective content to the new iPhone within a few minutes. It’s a simple consolidated 1-click process.
dr.fone – Switch
Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to iPhone XS with 1-Click
- Supports all iPhone devices including iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR.
- Can transfer videos, photos, messages, contacts, calendar, events, call logs and anything else you need.
- Selectively transfer the type of data you want.
- Can also be used to transfer either to or from Android devices.
- Can be used on all Windows and Mac OS computers.
How to Transfer to new iPhone using dr.fone – Switch
Transferring data from Android to iPhone XS is a simple 3-step process.
Step 1: Connect your iPhones to your computer
- Download dr.fone and install it into your computer.
- Connect both your iPhones to your computer via separate data cables and wait for dr.fone to detect them.
Step 2: Start the Switch
- From the dr.fone menu, select “Switch”.
- Set up the old iPhone as the ‘Source’ and the new iPhone as the ‘Destination’. The ‘Flip’ button at the top can be used to interchange the positions of the phones.
Step 3: Transfer Contacts to New iPhone
- Select all the different types of data files that you want to transfer. If you just want to transfer the contacts, click on that only.
- A progress bar will mark how long it will take for the transfer to complete. Once done, you’ll see a ‘Success’ message.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to transfer all the content you want easily.
Part 2: Edit, Delete, Merge and Selectively Transfer to New iPhone
How to Selectively Transfer to new iPhone using dr.fone – Transfer
- Download and launch dr.fone and select the ‘Transfer’ option.
2. Connect both iPhones to the computer and wait till they’re detected by dr.fone.
3. From the top left corner of the application, select the old iPhone as the ‘Source’.
4. You’ll find different tabs at the top to choose different types of files. If you want to edit, delete, merge, or transfer contacts, you need to select the ‘Information’ tab. In the left-hand panel, you’ll be able to switch between your messages and contacts.
5. Select the contacts that you want to edit or transfer and then click on Export > Export to Device > iPhone.
With these 5 steps, you’ll be able to select exactly which contacts you want to transfer to
In this article, we’ve shown you how to transfer to the new iPhone without losing any valuable contacts. If you want to preserve all your contacts, the best and most efficient method is to use dr.fone – Switch. However, if you want to select which contacts to transfer, you can use dr.fone – Transfer instead.