24 May 2017, India:
Google today announced the six Indian startups who have been shortlisted for the fourth class of Google Accelerator Program. These six startups will be joining an inspiring group of startups from all over Asia, Latin America, Africa and Europe at the Google Developers Launchpad Space in San Francisco. With this batch, a total of 26 Indian startups have so far joined the launchpad accelerator program from India.
Paul Ravindranath G, Program Manager, Google India said, “These startups were shortlisted from hundreds of startups who applied this year based on their unique value proposition and use of latest technologies like machine learning and AI (Artificial Intelligence) to build high impact solutions that are solving for the Indian context, focusing on new internet users and digital India. We’re thrilled to see the quality of startups coming from India and we look forward to working them closely for the next six months.”
In the six months program, these startups will undergo intensive mentoring from 20+ teams across Google and mentors from top technology companies and VCs in Silicon Valley. Additionally, they will receive equity-free support and credits for Google products. Post their return from San Francisco they will continue to work closely with Google back in India.
The fourth class will kick off on 17th July 2017 and will include two weeks of all-expense-paid mentorship Bootcamp. This batch of startups will gain from Google`s new curriculum that will help the startups to dig deeper into machine learning and AI and help them leverage Google’s latest technologies to scale their apps.
Here’s the full list of shortlisted startups from India:
- EdGE Networks: HR solutions provider powered by Artificial Intelligence
- FastFilmz: The Super App for Super Fans of South Indian movies!
- IndiaLends: Credit underwriting and analytics platform for unsecured consumer lending
- RailYatri: Intelligent, big data platform that leverages crowd-sourced content to help long distance travelers
- RecipeBook: Intelligent solutions in food and retail powered by deep learning computer vision
- SigTuple: Smart screening solutions powered by data-driven intelligence