After the outbreak of the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic in India, multitudes of people went to get vaccinated against the virus. However, in the rush, it might be possible that on some vaccination certificates, a mistake may have occurred. Many people noticed that either their name, date of birth, or gender had been recorded incorrectly on their Covid-19 vaccination certificates. However, there is no need to worry, as there is some good news for you!
The CoWIN website is now allowing people to make the required corrections on their certificates if any inadvertent errors have presented themselves. You will be able to raise a request and make corrections to your vaccination certificate by using the official CoWIN website. However, it is important to note that corrections can only be made for your name, date of birth, or gender. Unfortunately, no other requests will be entertained.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to raise a request to make a correction on your Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
- Go to www.covid.gov.in and click on the button that reads “Register/Sign in yourself”. This button can be found at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Type in your registered phone number. You will receive an OTP on that number, which you will then have to enter.
- In the Account Details section, click on the button that says “Raise an Issue.”
- There will be a drop-down list with the names of all of the members. Choose the one whose vaccination certificate you want to make corrections on. The step is mandatory, even if you have only registered one person.
- In the Certificate option, click on “Correction” and click on “Continue”.
- Choose the field in which you want to make a correction, with the only options, as mentioned above, being your name, date of birth, or gender.
- Type in the correct details and click on the Continue button to make the request and register it in the CoWIN database.