Instagram is a world of its own. To put it in simple words, Instagram is a free app that allows you to share or edit pictures and videos. Each post that someone uploads appear in the feeds section of their followers. Instagram doesn’t have limits to just photos and videos. With how it is taking over the market of everything, you also have the options to make reels. ‘Reels with the feel’ says Instagram- the instant communication tool of almost everything!
Owned by Facebook, Instagram is probably the most popular used by millions of users across the globe to connect with friends and families through nooks and corners of the world.
With everything that Instagram has to offer, one thing that keeps it on the top is its feature to send a disappearing photo or video. The special thing about this feature is that you can send anyone or a group a photo/video message. Once the user plays that message, it will be no longer present in their chats. However, you can also give someone permission to replay your message.
Here’s how you can send a disappearing photo or video on Instagram-
- The first thing to make sure of is, of course, to have the Instagram app on your phone
- Secondly, you have to log in to the Instagram account of you
- Later, open the messages section of Instagram. The icon is present on the top right section of the app on your screen.
Note: You can also reply to someone who has sent a disappearing photo or video by simply going to your inbox
How to reply/send someone a disappearing photo or video
- After you are in the inbox section of your app, tap on the camera icon present next to the username of the user you want to send the message to.
- You can also open the chat window of the user you want to send the disappearing message to. There will be another ‘camera’ icon present on the bottom left of your screen.
- In case you want to send the disappearing photo or video to a group you have to follow another way. There is a ‘new message’ section available on the top right side of your screen, tap on that. You will then get a list of people, select the ones you want to send the message in a group.
- After selecting the people from the list, tap on the ‘Chat’ option.
- When a chat forms, tap on the camera icon, present on the bottom left of your screen.
- Tap on the circle icon to click a photo or hold press the circle icon to make a video.
- If you wish to add filters, keep swiping right to get various filters until you get the perfect one.
- When you are done with your photo/video, you can choose if you want the users to view it once or more than once
- There are options of ‘View once’, ‘Allow replay’ and ‘Keep in chat’
- Select either of them as per your wish.