Streaming on Twitch via your Xbox One is simple.
Downloading Twitch and activating Xbox
- First, you need to have the Twitch app installed on your Xbox. If it is not installed, you can download it from the Xbox store.
- Open the Twitch app, and sign in to the Twitch account you want to stream from.
- Follow the steps on the screen to activate your Xbox and sign in to your Twitch account.
Now, go over the settings within the Xbox to allow proper streaming.
- Click on the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then, go to the profile and system tab on the far right.
- Go down and click on Settings.
- Go to Account Settings on the left and select Privacy & online safety on the right.
- Click on Xbox privacy.
- Click on View details & customise.
- Select Online status & history.
- Under the Others can see if you’re online tab, make sure that Everybody is selected.
- Go back one page to your Xbox privacy settings page again, and this time, select Game content.
- Under Broadcast gameplay, make sure that Allow is selected.
- Under You can share content made using Kinect or another camera, make sure that Allow is also selected.
Streaming with a webcam
- To stream with a webcam, make sure that you have a USB style webcam plugged right into your Xbox.
Broadcasting your stream
- Return to your Twitch app, and from here you can begin broadcasting your stream.
- At the top, click on Broadcast.
- Here, you can adjust your settings, like your camera position on the screen, microphone volume, and stream resolution.
- Lable your stream session and click on Start Streaming,
- Once you begin playing a game, Twitch will automatically switch to broadcasting your screen, and your webcam and microphone will be enabled. You are now live on Twitch for all your viewers to see.