2. If the mind is willing, the flesh could go on and on without many things.
3. Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
4. Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
5. If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
6. There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard.There are not more than five primary colors, yet in combination they produce more hues than can ever been seen.There are not more than five cardinal tastes, yet combinations of them yield more flavors than can ever be tasted.
7. Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
8. The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.
9. Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.
10. When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.