There is a time in everyone’s life when a person needs to choose a place and a city for education. It is possible to go the easy way and enter a local or nearby university. However, it is also possible to get an education abroad in one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the world. Studying abroad is an immense opportunity for young people. It is no secret that many students dream of joining foreign universities.
Choosing a good educational institution is not an easy task, because a person’s future, career, and well-being will depend on this choice. Young people go to study abroad to gain knowledge and skills. This is not surprising, because the education system of foreign educational institutions is significantly different from the local one. By studying abroad, students have the opportunity to enjoy all the benefits. These include participation in scientific and research activities, attending additional seminars and trainings, etc. Studying abroad in international universities is a chance to do an internship and get a job in one of the largest companies. Often graduates reach incredible heights in their careers and become world-famous figures.
It should be noted that studying abroad has become much easier today. This is because many online companies are ready to provide quality essay writing help at cheap prices. The site essaywritingservice.nyc is rightly considered to be the best essay writing service. This platform, according to students, is reliable and secure. The online company essaywriter.nyc hires the best writers who can handle any task successfully. Everyone can get professional support at any time. It is convenient and profitable!
The below material is everything you should know about studying abroad. Study it carefully.
Benefits of Studying Abroad
The main reason why young people choose to study abroad is the high quality of education that provides great prospects for the future. Unlike domestic universities, foreign educational institutions emphasize the practical application of knowledge. So, it is much easier for their graduates to find a good job and feel confident from the first days of work.
Therefore, obtaining higher education abroad is simply necessary if you have set a goal to reach certain heights in your career. Other benefits of studying abroad include the following:
- Opportunity to improve knowledge of foreign languages;
- Opportunity to gain practical experience in rating companies during training;
- The openness of teachers during the educational process, willingness to help, individual approach to each student;
- A variety of exchange program benefits;
- Expanding your horizons, getting acquainted with the cultures of other countries, gaining new impressions;
- The prospect of obtaining citizenship and a residence permit in the country where you study;
- The possibility of internships in other countries is an opportunity to gain new connections and an additional chance for long-term employment;
- Obtaining an international diploma.
As we can see, there are many reasons to study abroad. A person gains many benefits from studying abroad. This makes it look very attractive and promising.
Difficulties of Studying Abroad
There also are some difficulties that you may have to overcome while studying in a foreign country. The most significant among them:
- Language barrier. Training can take place in the language of the country you have chosen to study. Therefore, it will be important to learn a foreign language. Having mastered the language of the country at a sufficient level, you can get an education at a low cost, and in some cases for free. But for language courses, accommodation, etc. you will have to pay;
- Some faculties will have to take entrance exams;
- Distance from family and friends, the need to adapt to the mentality of the people of another country;
- There may be problems related to the timely execution and submission of documents to educational institutions in a foreign country.
Degrees of Higher Education in Foreign Educational Institutions
Higher education abroad is divided into three levels: bachelor’s, master’s, and postgraduate. Each degree has its own characteristics.
Bachelor’s degree is an initial academic degree, which is awarded in 4-6 years, depending on the chosen specialty and place of study. After graduation, the graduate can get a job in his profession or continue his studies for a master’s degree.
This is the second degree of higher education that a student receives after 2-2.5 years of study. In many countries in Europe and the United States, graduates find employment and start earning after completing their bachelor’s degree. And only those who want to get a leadership position to enter the master’s program. Studying in Europe for a master’s degree is mandatory for students wishing to engage in research or teaching activities.
This is the third level of preparation of students. To achieve this degree, you must successfully write a dissertation.
Package of Documents Required for Admission to a Foreign University
To enter an educational institution, a foreigner personally submits an application in paper form to the relevant structural unit/admissions committee.
The entrant adds the following to the application:
- A document of the state standard on the previously obtained educational level, based on which the entry is made;
- Medical certificate;
- Passport of a citizen to travel abroad;
- ID number;
- Military ID or registration certificate;
- 6 photos (3×4 cm);
- Documents confirming the right to enter out of competition, for primary enrollment, by interview, by the intended purpose;
- Documents confirming the achievement of outstanding achievements in the study of specialized subjects, etc.
Cost of Study Abroad
In some European countries, higher education institutions have relatively low tuition fees, and in some cases require students to pay only a small annual administrative fee. These include universities in Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, and Norway. For example, if you speak German, you have the right to enter the universities of this country. And when enrolling in German-language programs, the cost of studying abroad will be only 300-600 euros per year.
The same system works in the other countries mentioned above. The main thing is to know the state language of this country at a sufficient level to pass entrance exams and training. In the Czech Republic, there are even annual preparation programs for admission to universities, where prospective entrants study the language and prepare for the entrance exams in profile subjects in Czech. The cost of such a preparatory program is 2,000 euros per year.
Many world universities have developed English-language programs and have been teaching students from different countries. For example, the cost of studying abroad in English-language programs in Poland, Lithuania, and Estonia will be only 2000-3000 euros per year. Accommodation and meals are paid for by students separately.
Average prices for study abroad are offered for English-language programs in the Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, and Spain, as well as education in Canadian colleges. In this case, the training will cost you 8000-15000 euros per year in Europe or 9000-1200 dollars in Canada. The prices for bachelor’s programs are usually lower than the prices for master’s programs, which is primarily due to the level of complexity of the subjects taught in the master’s program and the need to attract highly specialized and leading teachers. The cost of accommodation and meals for students in these countries will average 400-800 euros per month.
We hope you will find the answers to your questions in this review. Choose a good educational institution and get a quality education abroad without any problems!
Author Bio: Rebecca Carter works as a content writer for a company that provides expert essay writing services. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and has a passion to write articles about her experience and life. When Rebecca has free time, she helps animals´ shelters and visits cooking courses.