Know how to use Play Stations’ new feature Share Play, connecting you to your friend’s game library. If you have a friend who has a PS4 just like you do you have the option to have access to his game library while using your PS4. Friends with PS5’s can also gameshare and access their PS5 games with your PS4. Disclaimer: share play is enabled for players only with the Play Station subscription.
Guide on how to game share on your PS4
- Log into your PlayStation Account using your friend’s console
- Click on Settings
- Then go to Account Manager
- Switch the primary controller to your friend’s console by selecting Activate as Your Primary PS4. (deactivate your console at the time, just in case)
Finally, all of your friend’s games in his library will be available to you too, you will just need to download them to your hard drive.
— Alex Kindle (@Alex_R_Kindle) October 17, 2019
Guide on how to Share play on your PS4
By enabling Share Play, your friend is able to see your screen and talk to you while the game progresses, if you want to give control to your friend just press the share button on your console and choose Go to Party for Share Play on your TV screen. Select Give Controller to Visitor to give access to your friend. You can either play with your friend together or let him play as you. But before you get that started know how to share play.
- Go to the Invite Players screen and send an invitation to the friend you would like to start the game with. Search for them and invite them to your Friend list. Send Invitation to the friend you would like to add.
- Start the game you would like to play
- Press and hold the share button on your DualShock 4 controller.
- Click on Share Play on your screen
- Select the friend you would like to play with or against and a link will be sent to them. Your 60-minute sessions will start when your friend accepts after which you will have to repeat the process (add directly from your friend list) to start.
Would anyone like to Play/Co-Stream “A Way Out” with me?! #shareplay PS4
If so lmk! #DTR #twitchaffiliate #SmallStreamersConnect #twitchstreamer @DIGITALTERROR4L @StreamUnion @Stream_Culture_ @FearRTs @TwitchHost @TwitchTVGaming @BlazedRTs @Turbo_RTs @EA https://t.co/fbzl9wdSva pic.twitter.com/wiCFJEKBVL
— ☥TGunna Gaming (@TGunnaGaming) November 3, 2019