• Send Us A Tip
  • Calling all Tech Writers
  • Advertise
Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Login
TechStory
  • News
  • Crypto
  • Gadgets
  • Memes
  • Gaming
  • Cars
  • AI
  • Startups
  • Markets
  • How to
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Crypto
  • Gadgets
  • Memes
  • Gaming
  • Cars
  • AI
  • Startups
  • Markets
  • How to
No Result
View All Result
TechStory
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Data on 37 million customers stolen- T Mobile

by Sumbul Farid
January 20, 2023
in Business, Trending, World
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
Buy OnePlus 10 Series T-Mobile for free without Trade-in

Buy OnePlus 10 Series T-Mobile for free without Trade-in

TwitterWhatsappLinkedin

The US wireless carrier T-Mobile stated that an anonymous malicious intruder breached its network in late November and stole data on 37 million customers, including addresses, phone numbers and dates of birth.

You might also like

ABC Files First Amendment Lawsuit Against FCC, Accusing Agency of Retaliation

Ferrari Luce Sells for $40 Million, Setting a New Auction Record

Pavel Durov Says Telegram Users Could Get Personal .gram Links

On Thursday, T-Mobile said in a filing with the Security and Exchange Commission that the breach was discovered on January 5. The company said that the data exposed to theft — based on its probe till date — did not include passwords or PINs, bank account or credit card information, Social Security numbers or other government IDs.

Buy OnePlus 10 Series T-Mobile for free without Trade-in
Buy OnePlus 10 Series T-Mobile for free without Trade-in

“Our investigation is still ongoing, but the malicious activity appears to be fully contained at this time,” T-Mobile said, with no evidence the intruder was able to breach the company’s network.

The data was first accessed on or around November 25. T-Mobile said it has mentioned law enforcement and federal agencies, which it did not name. The company said it did not expect the incident to have material effect on its operations.

T Mobile

The wireless network has been hacked earlier. The company agreed to pay USD 350 million in July to customers who filed a class action lawsuit after the company disclosed in August 2021 that personal data constituting Social Security numbers and driver’s license information had been stolen. Nearly 80 million US residents were impacted.

It also said at the time that it would spend USD 150 million through 2023 to fortify its data security and other technologies. Prior to the August 2021 intrusion, the company disclosed breaches in January 2021, November 2019 and August 2018 in which customer information was accessed.

Based in Bellevue, Washington, the wireless network company became one of the country’s largest cellphone service carriers in 2020 after acquiring competitor Sprint in 2020. It reported having more than 102 million customers after the merger.

“Our investigation is still ongoing, but the malicious activity appears to be fully contained at this time,” T-Mobile said, with no evidence the intruder was able to breach the company’s network. The company did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

Tha company also stated at the time that it would spend USD 150 million through 2023 to retrieve its data security and other technologies. Before August 2021 intrusion, the company disclosed breaches in January 2021, November 2019 and August 2018 in which customer information was accessed.

Tags: NewsT-Mobiletech
Tweet54SendShare15
Previous Post

Roblox Stock Slumps as Analyst Downgrades Rating Due to Long-term Prospects

Next Post

Wayfair plans to cut more than a thousand jobs

Sumbul Farid

Recommended For You

ABC Files First Amendment Lawsuit Against FCC, Accusing Agency of Retaliation

by Shailja Jha
August 19, 2026
0
ABC Files First Amendment Lawsuit Against FCC, Accusing Agency of Retaliation

ABC has filed a First Amendment lawsuit against the Federal Communications Commission, escalating an increasingly contentious battle between the television network and the Trump administration over broadcast regulation,...

Read more

Ferrari Luce Sells for $40 Million, Setting a New Auction Record

by Ishaan Negi
August 19, 2026
0
Ferrari Luce Sells for $40 Million, Setting a New Auction Record

Ferrari has made automotive history with the sale of its first-ever fully electric production car. The Ferrari Luce Chassis 0 fetched an extraordinary $40 million (around ₹383 crore)...

Read more

Pavel Durov Says Telegram Users Could Get Personal .gram Links

by Ishaan Negi
August 19, 2026
0
Pavel Durov Says Telegram Users Could Get Personal .gram Links

Telegram is looking to push beyond messaging with a new idea that could give its users their own personalised web addresses. Founder and CEO Pavel Durov has announced...

Read more
Next Post
Wayfair plans to cut more than a thousand jobs

Wayfair plans to cut more than a thousand jobs

Please login to join discussion

Techstory

Tech and Business News from around the world. Follow along for latest in the world of Tech, AI, Crypto, EVs, Business Personalities and more.
reach us at info@techstory.in

Advertise With Us

Reach out at - info@techstory.in

Aviator Game India 2026

BROWSE BY TAG

#Crypto #howto 2024 acquisition AI amazon Apple Artificial Intelligence bitcoin Business China cryptocurrency e-commerce electric vehicles Elon Musk Ethereum facebook funding Gaming Google India Instagram Investment ios iPhone IPO Market Markets Meta Microsoft News OpenAI samsung Social Media SpaceX startup startups tech technology Tesla TikTok trend trending twitter US

© 2025 Techstory.in

No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Crypto
  • Gadgets
  • Memes
  • Gaming
  • Cars
  • AI
  • Startups
  • Markets
  • How to

© 2025 Techstory.in

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?