The texting application WhatsApp carried out the Snapchat-like View Once component to give clients more command over their security. Once opened, these photographs and recordings vanish from the talk. The shipper gets an “opened” message after the View Once photograph or video has been seen.
There can be times when you might get a few undesirable or hostile messages under the front of a view once photograph or video. It tends to be your WhatsApp contact or an obscure client. These hostile messages might negatively affect your psychological and close to home wellbeing. To assist you with managing these sorts of circumstances, WhatsApp offers you to report the view once media with a couple of basic advances. This is the way you can make it happen:
Report a ‘View Once’ photograph or video on your Android gadget
1. Go to the WhatsApp visit from which you have gotten a ‘View Once’ media.
2. Open the ‘View Once’ media.
3. Tap on the three-dab menu choice (More) accessible on the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Select the Report Contact or the Report obscure client choice.
Report a View Once photograph or video on iPhone
1. Go to the WhatsApp visit who has sent you the ‘View Once’ media.
2. Open the ‘View Once’ photograph or video.
3. Tap on the three-dab menu button (More) accessible in the base corner of the screen.
4. Tap on the Report Contact or the Report obscure client choice.
After the client has been accounted for, WhatsApp will get the media and either make a fitting move against the client or may boycott the revealed client’s WhatsApp account.
It is exhorted that you share photographs or recordings with ‘View Once’ media empowered with individuals you can trust in light of the fact that the common media contains private data. To increment client security, WhatsApp has refreshed its ‘View Once’ element to keep beneficiaries from taking screen captures or screen accounts of the sent media. Also, the beneficiary can erase the ‘View Once’ media after it has been opened.