Download your Aadhaar without using your registered phone number
Aadhaar is the literal Hindi translation of the word foundation was first issued in 2010. It is a 12-digit unique identification number (UID) issued by the unique identification authority of India (UIDAI), under the ministry of electronics and information technology (MEITY). Aadhaar is used as a means of identification for most procedures these days, whether it may be for domestic travel or issuing a new bank account or even installing a new gas connection.
Steps on how to download your Aadhaar without your registered phone number:
- Visit the website uidai.gov.in
- Select ‘My Aadhaar’ and click ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’ under Get Aadhaar.
- The next is a 2-step process to log in.
- Enter in the issued Aadhaar number and enter the security code shown
- Click on the option ‘My mobile number is not registered, and you will have to enter an alternative mobile number
- An OTP will be sent to an alternative mobile number which is required to be filled in
- Click ‘Send OTP’
- Finally, Download your Aadhaar.
Aadhaar has received many security concerns; modelled after the United States social security system, it is now the world’s largest biometric system. Aadhaar, which was made mandatory to link to the PAN card to check for tax evasion or fraud, now seems to cause a bigger worry of cyber-security. Resulting in the cure being worse than the disease itself.
“ Cyber-security was never meant to be a part of the Aadhaar architecture. With demonetization and with the government connecting it with income-tax records, it has created an ecosystem around Aadhaar that is completely unsecured,” Supreme Court advocate Pavan Duggal said,
“The future lies in fortifying the Aadhaar ecosystem in terms of cyber-security. It is a porous leaking ecosystem that needs to be rectified.The government has to make it more secure and sensitize people so that they don’t share and use their unique identification number without being sure,” he added.