People stalk you on Facebook because it’s their favourite pastime. There are also some who like seeing who has viewed their Facebook profile in order to bolster their ego or to protect themselves from harm. Everyone appreciates the ability to regulate the privacy of their Facebook account and profile. Is it feasible to identify the stalkers? How can you find out who has viewed your Facebook page?
This functionality was previously unavailable on Facebook. However, as a result of the Cambridge Analytica incident and acquisitions linked to data theft and user privacy concerns, Facebook now allows users to know who has visited their profile.
Follow these easy steps to find out who has viewed your profile:
- Visit Facebook.com to access your Facebook account on the web (using any browser). Right-click anywhere on your Facebook page or timeline after you’ve arrived there.
- To see your Facebook source, go to the ‘View Page Source’ option. When the page source appears, press ‘CTRL+F’ to bring up the search bar, which is used to find information.
- Now, in the search bar, type ‘BUDDY ID’ and press the enter key. After that, you’ll be sent to a website where you’ll be given numerous Facebook profile IDs in addition to ‘BUDDY ID.’
- You’ll need to copy one of the IDs, open a new tab, and type in “Facebook.com/15-digit ID.” It will show the profile of the person who visited your profile.
On iOS, how can I know who has viewed my Facebook profile?
- Go to your Facebook account and log in.
- Make a click on (3 links) the primary drop-down menu
- To get started, go to Privacy Shortcuts.
- Select “Who viewed my profile”.
Because this is a new function, if these procedures don’t work for you, you can use certain iOS applications like “Social Fans,” which will allow you to see who is viewing your Facebook page.
You may get this software for all iOS devices from the iTunes store, and then follow the steps above to check who saw your Facebook page on mobile.
How can you know who has viewed your Facebook page on a desktop?
Seeing your Facebook visitors on the desktop takes a bit longer than on mobile.
- Using any browser on your pc, go to your Facebook profile timeline page.
- Right-click anywhere on the page after it has loaded.
- Select View Page Source (alternatively, press or hold CTRL+U to launch a new page source tab).
- To open the search box on the new tab that includes the source’s HTML codes, use CTRL + F. (Mac users, press Command + F.) See the illustration below.
- Copy and paste BUDDY ID into the search box, then press Enter.
- You’ll see a list of the people that viewed your profile, along with their profile IDs.
- Now copy any profile ID (15 digit number) and paste it into Facebook.com (for example, facebook.com/100011552976455), then hit Enter. (Remove -2 and then each ID.)
- The individual who saw your Facebook profile is displayed in the result.
- Please ensure that you are logged in when completing the task.
Is there an extension to see who viewed my Facebook profile?
You can easily check your Facebook profile visits by installing and adding a Chrome extension.
- Go to the Extensions for Social Profiles page.
- Select “Add to Chrome” from the drop-down menu.
- When the download is finished, click the add extension button.
- Your Chrome browser will be updated with the plugin.
- Then, using the same browser, go to www.facebook.com and log in to your account.
- With a timeline bar, you can see your Facebook profile.
- There is a “visitor” option available.
- This is the name of the person that looked at your profile.