Samsung is said to be close to releasing the first laptop cpu. Samsung is expected to unveil the chipset in the second half of the year, according to an article in The Korea Economic Daily (via Sammobile) citing industry sources familiar with the matter.
Samsung Exynos 2200 Chipsets To Make Its Way To Laptops And Smartphones In The Second Half Of 2021
The processor in question may be the latest Exynos 2200, according to reports and speculation so far. Samsung’s first notebook processor is planned to be available in both tablet and laptop versions.
Furthermore, this chip is said to have AMD’s Radeon GPU and will be compatible with Windows 10. Exynos 22xx is in Samsung’s portfolio for 2021, according to tipster Ice Universe.
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) March 2, 2021
According to rumours and theories so far, the processor in question might be the new Exynos 2200. Samsung plans to release the first notebook processor in both tablet and laptop models.
Additionally, this chip is said to have AMD’s Radeon GPU and will be Windows 10 compliant. According to tipster Ice Universe, the Exynos 22xx is in Samsung’s portfolio for 2021.
This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of Samsung’s GPU partnership with AMD. Indeed, there have been rumours dating back to 2019 that a chipset with AMD graphics is on the way. In February, ZDNet Korea posted on Samsung’s intentions to penetrate the PC industry later this year with its Exynos 2200 chipset.
Samsung Exynos 2200 To Compete Against Major Flagship Processor From Apple
Samsung’s Exynos 2200 would face up against the Apple M1 and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 smartphones, all of which were revealed at IFA 2020.
Will Samsung be able to outperform or at least equal the accuracy and efficiency of the M1 chipset, despite the fact that it has been working on it for years? We’ll have to watch to see if that’s the case. According to the most recent launch timetable, we should have a response by the end of the year.
- In August Samsung is expected to release the Galaxy S21 FE, Galaxy Z Flip 3, & Galaxy Z Fold 3
- Samsung’s Upcoming Galaxy Buds 2 Leaked With Colour, Model No, Before Launch
- Samsung To Retake Leader Position In Semi-Conductor Supplier Rankings In Q2 Of 2021
- Samsung’s Upcoming Galaxy S7 Lite Renders Got Leaked Showing Book Covers
- Samsung’s Upcoming Galaxy Z Fold 3 & Z Flip 3 Leaked Ahead To Launch Showing New Design, Camera Feature & S-Pen
- Worldwide Smartphone Shipments Sees A Growth By 25% YoY In Q1 Of 2021 Where Samsung Takes The Lead
- Samsung’s New Galaxy Book Odyssey’s lineup brings Nvidia’s latest RTX 3050Ti GPU
- Samsung announced new cheaper galaxy book with no OLED display
- Tesla-Samsung Alliance Strengthens With Headlamp Deal